If you want to make some money but don’t want to give up your current lifestyle then you are probably reading this guide here because you want to make at least $100 a day. As a result, taking surveys or writing product reviews is probably not enough.
The good news for you is that there are tons of ways to do this. The bad news is that you may have a lot of work to do if you don’t currently have a skill or craft that will allow you to make money overnight. But if you want to make at least $100 a day, it’s still doable.
Here we have listed 15 different ways that will take you one step closer and allow you to earn $100 a day if you feel like it. It is important to note that some of these tips may not be right for everyone. For example, some require an upfront investment, while others do not. For some, you may need to do research on a particular topic, while in some cases, you may need to combine two or more of the tips discussed to achieve your goal. So if you want to know how to make $100 a day or more, keep reading.
1. Start an online blog with affiliate links
On an affiliate website, you promote the products of others through blog articles or videos. Every time a user clicks on one of your affiliate links and then makes a purchase, you receive a commission for the sale. While affiliate websites can take at least a year to build, they can be very lucrative if run correctly. You can earn at least $100 a day if you are a successful blogger and have taken the time to commercialize your web posts with affiliate link placements.
Pros and Cons of Starting an Affiliate Website
- No investment required
- Promote products you are passionate about
- Passive income once the website is up and running
- Reach a global audience
- Do it in your part-time
- Good earning opportunities once the website is built
- It can take at least 1 year for your website to attract enough followers
2. Buy an online business that is already making money
If you’re interested in running an affiliate website, but don’t want to spend a year building your follow-up, consider buying an already established business. Keep in mind that you have to pay a significant amount to buy the business, which is a five-figure sum on a $100 daily income.
Pros and Cons of Buying an Online Business
- Earn income overnight
- Buy a pre-existing website with a strong reader base
- Ability to improve the business in your own way
- Invest in a sector you are passionate about
- Potentially Huge Investment Required for $100 Daily Income
3. Teach English Online
Since English is the de facto international language of choice, locals in Asia and South America are desperate for their skills. This means that there are significant opportunities to teach it online. As long as you are a native speaker and have an online TEFL certificate, you should have no problem charging $10-$20 per hour.
Pros & Cons Teaching English Online
- Average earnings are $10 – $20 per hour
- Easily earn $100 a day
- Enter an industry in high demand
- Work your own hours anywhere in the world (keep time zones in mind)
- TEFL certificate can be easily obtained online
- If you make $10 an hour, you must be willing to work 10 hours a day
4. Write on a freelance basis
There is significant demand for freelance writers in the online space. Whether you decide to specialize in a particular niche or write more broadly, you can easily make $100 a day. You will have to spend some time finding clients, although freelance platforms like Upwork make it easy to showcase your writing portfolio.
Pros and Cons of Freelance Writing
- Demand is super high in the online space (think blogs, articles, guides, etc.)
- Easy to earn $100 a day once you find the right customers
- Write about a particular niche, or choose to cover all topics
- Work your own hours, anywhere in the world
- No qualifications needed
- You will have to spend some time building a customer base
5. Trade Forex
Arguably, forex trading is not something you can do overnight if you have no experience. But why not learn the ins and outs? Experienced traders will try to make at least $100 per day. Once you start applying leverage on trades that you are confident in, you stand a chance of making some really good money. Make sure you understand the risks!
Pros and Cons of Forex Trading
- Forex markets are open 24/7, so pick your own hours
- Specialize in a specific currency pair to master your trading
- If you apply leverage, you don’t have to start with a significant bankroll
- High risk, no guarantee to make money
- You must have experience trading forex (unless you decide to copy other traders)
6. Invest in real estate for passive income
Investing in real estate provides income both in the form of monthly rent payments and long-term growth. For example, with a US median of real estate prices up 12% in the past 5.2 months, you only need to achieve a rental yield of 4.8% to make an annual gain of 10%. Of course, this would require an investment of $260,000, which equates to $100 per day.
Pros and Cons of Investing in Real Estate
- No work is needed other than choosing the right properties
- Ability to diversify using peer-to-peer lending platforms
- Real estate is one of the lowest-risk asset classes
- Rental income is paid monthly
- Valuation growth is only possible when the properties are sold
- It takes a six figure investment to make $6 a day
6. Become a transcriber
Transcribers are tasked with converting audio to text, and there is a huge need in the online space to do this remotely. Now the average hourly rates are between $4 and $15. This means you either need to find customers willing to pay closer to the higher end, or you need to be able to convert audio very quickly. The best case scenario is that you make $15 an hour and only have to work 6/7 hours a day to earn $100.
Pros and Cons of Transcribing Audio
- Big question online
- No qualifications needed
- The faster you can type, the more you can earn
- Work anywhere in the world
- Choose your own schedule
- If you earn a lower hourly rate, you have to work more hours
7. Create a YouTube Channel
Building a significant following on your YouTube channel is not going to be easy as it can take at least a year before you start to see any traction. However, if you’re willing to put in the work, making $100 in advertising and in-video promotion is very achievable. From travel blogs, cooking videos, podcasts, music covers, or even recording your PlayStation efforts, the possibilities are endless.
Pros and Cons of Creating a YouTube Channel
- No investment required
- Make a channel about something you love to do
- There is no limit to the amount you can earn overtime
- In most cases, no special equipment is required
- Earn money from ads and even in-video promotion
- Requires an incredible amount of time and effort to build a large subscriber base
8. Learn a new skill and sell it on a freelance basis
Those who possess an in-demand skill can command significant wages online. Think along the lines of a web developer or artificial intelligence consultant. Either way, with the right skill, you could even make $100 per hour. To get started, find out what high-paying skills are in demand online, take an online course to gain the required knowledge, and join a freelance platform like Upwork.
Pros and Cons of Selling an In-Demand Skill Online
- In-demand skills pay very high rates
- Learn any skill you want as long as you are willing to read, read and read
- Highly skilled jobs are scarce
- Work from home – no need to commute
- Set your own schedule
- You must be willing to study the skill thoroughly before you can start selling it online
9. Sell Your Language Skills
Translation services are in high demand in the online space. If you are able to speak, understand it as write proficiently in more than one language, then you are in luck. The most talented freelance translators earn up to $50 per hour, meaning you only need to work 2 hours per day to reach your $100 per day goal. Moreover, you will find a huge number of customers on Upwork.
Pros and cons of freelance translation
- Make money online with your language skills
- Earn up to $50 per hour
- The demand for translation services is huge
- Translate documents and/or audio
- Finding well-paid customers can take a while
10. Write an eBook
Writing eBooks is different from freelance writing because you are not writing for anyone else. As such, you sell your eBooks through Amazon or through your own website. Either way, your ability to make $100 a day will depend on how much you charge for your book and how many copies you can sell. For example, for $10 a book, you should be selling 10 copies a day. For $1 per sale, this requires 100 copies. That’s why it’s crucial to get your prices right!
Pros and Cons of Writing eBooks
- Do something you are passionate about
- No limit to what you can write about
- Sell your books directly through platforms such as Amazon
- eBooks can bring you passive income for a long time if they are popular
- No upfront investment required
- It may take a while before you start earning income
- If your book is not well received online, you may not earn anything
11. Become a third-party seller
It goes without saying that talented salespeople can command huge wages in the real world. Well, guess what? They can also do this in the online space. You call potential customers from the comfort of your own home via VoIP software. While you may only be able to get a commission-based sales role, it doesn’t matter if you’re good at your job. This can even work to your advantage if you are confident that you can sell continuously.
Pros and Cons of Becoming a Remote Salesperson
- Huge demand online
- Choose in which sector you want to work
- Huge earning potential if you are a good seller
- Call online via VoIP software
- Many roles are for commission only
12. Work as a Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is someone who assists customers remotely. It can be anything from answering calls to posting Instagram stories. While it’s true that hourly rates can be low, it’s entirely possible to make $100 per day by finding the right clients. Are you willing to work 10 hours a day? If so, you only need to charge $10 an hour to reach your goal.
Pros and Cons as a Virtual Assistant
- No upfront investment required
- High demand online
- No qualifications needed
- Flexible working hours
- Usually work from anywhere, as long as you have your laptop to hand
- You may have to work long hours if you want to reach your $100 daily goal
13. Become an Online Coach
Are you a dedicated fitness expert or do you have a qualification in therapy? Either way, why not use your skills by coaching others online? Online coaches can charge a high hourly rate, meaning you don’t have to work hours to reach your $100 daily goal. In terms of the basics, you can easily conduct your online coaching via Skype. You can market your coaching skills through platforms such as OnlineCoachesDirectory.
Pros and cons coaching online
- Earn money with the skills and knowledge you have acquired
- No qualifications needed, although this would help
- Earn an excellent hourly rate
- You don’t have to work long days
- Coach easily via Skype
- No investment needed to get started
- Depending on your skill (e.g. fitness), it can be a very competitive market
14. Sell products online through Shopify
Shopify is an online platform that makes it easy to sell products and services online. You can link your Shopify store to multiple channels, such as a website, social media, or even YouTube. As for the products, you can sell your own flagship product or alternatively sell the products of others in exchange for a commission.
Pros and Cons of Launching a Shopify Store
- Offer products and services worldwide at the click of a button
- Not much experience is needed as the process is simple
- The profit target of $100 per day is within reach
- There is no limit to the number or type of products/services you decide to sell
- Market your store to multiple places, such as social media and websites
- You need to find a product or service that is likely to sell
15. Buy and Sell Cryptocurrencies
Just like in the case of forex, you need to have some experience in online trading to succeed in buying and selling cryptocurrencies. However, the market offers a great way to bring in regular profits. The reason for this is that volatility levels are very high in the cryptocurrency space, meaning there are always opportunities to take advantage of market highs as well as lows. The market also operates 24/7, so you can set your own hours no matter where you are.
Pros and Cons of Buying and Selling Cryptocurrencies
- 24/7 marketplace – no time zone issues
- Huge Volatility – Ideal for Short Term Trading Opportunities
- Significant liquidity levels
- Option for both long and short coins – make money no matter which way the markets go
- Super high risk – you can lose money
- Must have a significant amount of trading experience
The bottom line
If you’ve read our guide from start to finish, you now have some options to consider as you make your dream of earning $100 a day a reality. As you now know, the opportunities to earn online will vary depending on the skills you possess or the skills you are willing to learn. In other words, some of the jobs we’ve listed require you to learn a new skill, while others can be done by just about anyone.
The overarching message here is that if you really want to earn $100 a day, you may have to put in a significant amount of effort to get where you want to be. Nevertheless, if this is what you really want to do, you must be willing to work extremely hard to get there.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many hours a day do I have to work to earn $100?
This of course depends on what you do. For example, if you’re selling in-demand skills like blockchain development, you might be able to make $100 in one hour. On the other hand, if you are a virtual assistant and earn $10 an hour, then you should be working 10 hours a day!
What can I do to earn $100 if I have no qualifications?
If you don’t have skills and qualifications, there are still a number of jobs you can do to make $100 a day. For example, YouTube channels can be built anywhere, just like Shopify stores.
How can I learn a high-demand, low-supply skill?
Once you’ve found the skill you want to learn, you’ll have to spend quite a bit of time on it. The internet is chock full of free resources, although you might even consider taking an online course to speed things up.
How do I actually receive my salary if I work remotely?
This depends on the type of role you fulfill. If you work through a freelance platform like Upwork, you will either be paid once the project is completed or at the end of the week if you have an hourly rate. If you are dealing directly with a customer, you can get paid via e-wallets such as PayPal or bank transfer.